Re: [opensuse-web] openFATE
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:18:24 +0200
On Friday 01 October 2010 16:50:41 Felix Miata wrote:
The openFATE system is a pain to use. Today's pains:

1-the input box ignores carriage returns, so the resulting description
after submission is one big run-on instead of nicely formatted as
paragraphs

2-most of the page has semi-visible text (darker gray on lighter gray
instead of black on white)

3-new feature submission does not automatically subscribe the creator

4-upon creation it says: "Your feature has been created with the id
310658. Please subscribe at <link>hermes</link> if you want to receive
notifications on feature changes." I went there, where it said: "There
are no simple subscriptions configured, please use the expert
interface. You can choose from a list of default notifications here. To
configure more complex notifications, please use the <link>expert
interface</link>." I went there, but couldn't figure out how to
"subscribe" to my requested feature.

We currently have on the opensuse-factory list a discussion on what needs
to be done to real have openFATE as great tool. I'll add your points now
to the wiki page where these things are summarized.

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Openfate_screening#What.27s_missing_to_make_the_screening_team_efficiently_work.3F

thanks,
Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany