Re: [opensuse-web] openFATE
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:18:24 +0200
On Friday 01 October 2010 16:50:41 Felix Miata wrote:
The openFATE system is a pain to use. Today's pains:

1-the input box ignores carriage returns, so the resulting description
after submission is one big run-on instead of nicely formatted as

2-most of the page has semi-visible text (darker gray on lighter gray
instead of black on white)

3-new feature submission does not automatically subscribe the creator

4-upon creation it says: "Your feature has been created with the id
310658. Please subscribe at <link>hermes</link> if you want to receive
notifications on feature changes." I went there, where it said: "There
are no simple subscriptions configured, please use the expert
interface. You can choose from a list of default notifications here. To
configure more complex notifications, please use the <link>expert
interface</link>." I went there, but couldn't figure out how to
"subscribe" to my requested feature.

We currently have on the opensuse-factory list a discussion on what needs
to be done to real have openFATE as great tool. I'll add your points now
to the wiki page where these things are summarized.

Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE, aj@{,}
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-web+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx

< Previous Next >