Re: [opensuse-web] Replace our wordpress instances with some crowdsource blog
  • From: Javier Llorente <javier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 14:20:52 +0100
On Monday 08 March 2010 11:41:07 Pavol Rusnak wrote:
On 03/08/2010 11:33 AM, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Any opinions?

http://getgrogger.com/faqs/

"Grogs are FREE! And they always will be. However, we will eventually
begin to charge for higher level uses of grogs ..."

I would prefer an open-source solution that can be deployed on our servers.

+1

Not sure if the current lizards use Wordpress or Wordpress MU. If it is
not already the MU we might want to look at it: http://mu.wordpress.org/

Some alternatives:

Pligg (digg-like)
http://www.pligg.com/

Elgg, social networking platform
http://www.elgg.com/

BuddyPress.org, "social networking in a box" (WordPress-based)
http://buddypress.org/

Open Atrium provides "group spaces to allow different teams to have their own
conversations"
http://openatrium.com/

Of course, all of them are open source ;-)

Cheers,
--
Javier Llorente
< Previous Next >