Re: [opensuse-web] Replace our wordpress instances with some crowdsource blog
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 13:30:34 +0100
On 03/08/2010 01:24 PM, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
"Grogs are FREE! And they always will be. However, we will eventually
begin to charge for higher level uses of grogs ..."

I'm sure they would love to support us...

That might work, but integrating it into the rest of infra might be
problematic. Still worth investigating.

I would prefer an open-source solution that can be deployed on our servers.

Not sure if the current lizards use Wordpress or Wordpress MU. If it is
not already the MU we might want to look at it: http://mu.wordpress.org/

Which misses all the social features of a group blog and the
crowdsourcing. Its not about multiuser :) How far is bloging with toghq?
Maybe we can add the dig-like features to connect.

There is a Tog plugin for this, but I haven't tried it yet.

http://www.toghq.com/tog_plugins/2-tog_conversatio

Featurelist on the page is quite impressive though.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Boosters Team Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144 19000 Praha 9, CR
prusnak[at]suse.cz http://www.suse.cz