Re: [opensuse-virtual] OpenSuse plans about dom0 kernel
  • From: PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev+osvm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:00:48 -0700
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:52 AM, Jason Douglas <jdouglas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It is still undecided which direction we will go.  If the dom0 paravirt_ops
support is stable and fully functional when openSUSE 11.2 locks down, I
imagine that's what we'll use.  If not, we'll definitely create a xen kernel
flavor for whatever kernel version is included in openSUSE 11.2 (as we have
done with every other openSUSE and SLES release up to this point).

inasmuch as users will have much of a voice re: what's "fully
functional", i'd respectfully ask that 'PCI Passthrough' be part of
that consideration.

the complete abandonment of its support post-v8 by Fedora set us back
quite a bit. good news is that that drove us to adopt/commit_to
SLES/D & openSUSE! :-)

tbh, i have little doubt that the project will continue to build
reliable xen-flavors 'til "all's well".

thanks!