Re: [opensuse-virtual] OpenSuse plans about dom0 kernel
  • From: Alexey Eremenko <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 18:59:32 +0300

It is still undecided which direction we will go.  If the dom0 paravirt_ops
support is stable and fully functional when openSUSE 11.2 locks down, I
imagine that's what we'll use.  If not, we'll definitely create a xen kernel
flavor for whatever kernel version is included in openSUSE 11.2 (as we have
done with every other openSUSE and SLES release up to this point).

Sorry, i didn't find any link about OpenSuse virtualization
technologies roadmap. Point me to it, please, if any.

I don't believe that any such document exists.  Sorry.

Speaking of openSUSE and Fedora - here I see major difference - Dom 0
was dropped starting with Fedora 9, while it is still exists in
openSUSE and Debian project.

BTW: Debian 5.0 Lenny uses SUSE code for Xen Dom 0.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"