Re: [opensuse-virtual] Xen .cfg file for a paravirt OpenSolaris DomU ?
  • From: "Wil Decius" <wilson.decius@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:46:39 -0700
if you are really trying to run it as an HVM guest (a.k.a. fully
virtualized), then you can't use domUloader (as it is for paravirtualized
guests only)

Actually, per my Subject & post, I'm not trying to run Opensolaris as
an HVM, but as a PV Guest.

And, I've learned from trolling through some other folks'
communications that Opensuse's bootloader can't interrogate & boot
Opensolaris as it's built for their *own* zfs-enabled pygrub.

What does seem to work is extracting the kernel & ramdisk by hand, and
referencing them directly in the xen config file. In other words, not
using Opensuse's bootloader.

At the moment, I'm successfully using Opensolaris as a Paravirt Guest
on an OpenSuse Dom0.

Wil