Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-ux (14 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-ux] printer module
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 20:14:14 -0600
On Tuesday 18 December 2007 09:37:04 am Johannes Meixner wrote:
Hello,

On Dec 13 10:51 Martin Schmidkunz wrote (shortened):
The printer module redesign stuff is now available on:
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Development/Printer_Enhancement

Under "Iteration 2" there is my experimental YaST printer module.

Now the "Modify existing queue" is implemented and I provide
for testing and only for testing RPM packages for openSUSE 10.2,
10.3 and Factory in the "noarch" sub-directories at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jsmeix/

Its version number is intentionally less than the version
of our official yast2-printer RPM so that you cannot install
the experimental YaST printer setup module by accident
(e.g. via whatever automated package installation tool).

If you like to test it, first of all make sure that you have
our official yast2-printer RPM available so that you can

Then download yast2-printer-2.1.0-3.1.noarch.rpm
and install it as root with this command:

rpm -Uhv --force yast2-printer-2.1.0-3.1.noarch.rpm

And look for a printer in Miscellaneous section of YaST Control Center.

I guess this version of help text it is easier to understand for new to
printer configuration.

Print Queue:
is a place where you send your text. It takes care that text is
converted to form that your printer understands, and print when printer is
available ie. turned on, or finished printing previous texts. Each print
queue has name usually named by printer, but you can give any name you like.
...etc.

Have a nice Christmas and an happy New Year!
Johannes Meixner

To you too:
Frohe Weinachten und ein guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr.

--
Regards,
Rajko