Re: [opensuse-translation] No new strings for oS 12.2?
  • From: Alexander Melentyev <minton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:35:02 +0300
2012/3/29 Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>:
Alexander Melentyev <minton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

It's good there is someone still looking at the Roadmap =)

If someone could help with translation coordination, it would be great
;)  Lately, we unfortunately once again had to change the SVN server
(now opensuse.org), thus some things must settle again...
Yeah, on berlios I could add new translators, but now it's purely your
ability (no community admins on svn.opensuse.org)

Lack of help is happening because there is a lack of understanding the
process. For example, you say
I just asked Lukas and Jiri to merge in what is possible and then
submit fresh yast pot files to the trunk of our SVN server.
So, you know the right guys and (more important) they know you, too. I
can't imagine someone will do extra work cause of some unknown guy has
told'em to do so. They do the merge only because it's you who ask
them, not for some formal reason.

In the afternoon, I'll approach the other developers to refresh the lcn
files.
Here's the same situation: everybody knows that Karl Eichwalder is the
man in charge with translations, so it'll be better to do what he
says. The whole process is running not as formal act, but as personal
relations act. So, you have to do it personally, there is no way you
can escape from it =)
Thus, stay tuned ;)
Glad to here the merge is coming.
--