Re: [opensuse-translation] Moving SVN to opensuse.org
On 17.11.2011 12:51, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:30:58 Andrea Turrini wrote:
2011/11/17 Kostas Koudaras<warlordfff@xxxxxxxxx>:
2011/11/17 Andreas Jaeger<aj@xxxxxxxx>:
An alternative is switching to github.com. Besides git it
supports svn - and also editing of files via the web.

All this are too technical for me so I have one question, will we
be able to continue work with Vertaal after the changes?

Also for me this is too technical. My questions are: with git can we
still checkout/commit/update only our specific language in order to
save time/space/bandwidth?

Thomas, can you answer that?

Note: I'm just offering an alternative - you have to use the tools ;)

No, with git you can't only checkout your language.
But github offers also svn access to its repos:
https://github.com/blog/966-improved-subversion-client-support
with that you would be able to checkout only your language for example.

I'm not sure how well committing from such a partial svn checkout works, that
would need
to be tested.

Greetings

--