Re: [opensuse-translation] Info on packages/pot files
  • From: Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:31:02 +0200
2011/10/11 Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>:
Am Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2011 schrieb Andrea Turrini:

OK, my testing system is not (so) broken and I have understood a lot
of things about packages translations.

Now there is a strange situation: since descriptions and summaries are
translated, an user might want to search a package using a translated
search string: (s)he will not obtain any result; (s)he must search in
English to obtain something.
Yeah, that root's locale is english can be a problem

I think this and the way to obtain translated descriptions after
installation should be point out to users in some way but I have no
idea at the moment.

BTW; Yast behaves differently I believe.

I do not think so: I tested search using YaST as root with LANG=it_IT
and as ordinary user that has Italian as main language and in both
cases I obtained the above situation, even if YaST's interface is in
Italian.
The same happens with zypper run as root or ordinary user.

Best,
Andrea