Re: [opensuse-translation] Info on packages/pot files
Am Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2011 schrieb Andrea Turrini:
2011/10/11 Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>:
Your translations have to be put into package package-translations (also
last update late august), which then updates
http://download.opensuse.org/factory/repo/oss/suse/setup/descr/packages.i
t.gz

and for me it works:

LC_ALL=it zypper search bash gives "La Shell GNU Bourne-Again", which at
least isn't english :)

I am not able to obtain this. I'm currently running oS12.1 in
VirtualBox (just updated), the package-translation package is
installed. I tried to switch system language to Italian, (rebooted,)
The package is not for users to install.

and descriptions are still in English. I have also set root LANG
variable to it_IT.UTF-8, zypper is in Italian but description is still
in English. If I use your command, everything is in English (Loading
repository data...).
LANG might be too little as LC_MESSAGES inherits LC_ALL

I tried also to check whether the /usr/bin/translate-packages.pl
script is invoked wrapping it in a bash script that simply echoes to a
file but it seems that it is not invoked.

Probably there is something broken in my testing installation.
As I said: package-translations is for creating packages.it

Greetings, Stephan