Re: [opensuse-translation] Removing all fuzzy strings
  • From: Александр Мелентьев <alex239@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:28:43 +0400
2011/9/22 Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi all,
I am wondering whether there is an automatic way to remove all fuzzy
strings from a .po file.
I mean, I do not want to simply remove the fuzzy flag, but also the
corresponding msgstr, so that such strings appear as untranslated.

I have tried using msgattrib --no-fuzzy and then msgmerge but I still
obtain fuzzy strings.

I would like to do this on the packages/factory.po file and I do not
want to cancel manually 350 messages (so then I can use the
translation memory with exact matching to translate such file in a
fast way).

Any idea?
Hi, Andrea.
If "msgmerge --no-fuzzy-matching" does not do what you want then
gettext tools are useless here, I think.
But I see no point in deleting fuzzy strings, if you use TM with exact
matching anyway, they'll not bug you.
--
Regards, Minton.