Re: [opensuse-translation] Translation files for kde devicenotifier and other
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 03:58:32 +0100 (CET)

On Tuesday, 2011-03-15 at 22:06 +0100, Andrea Turrini wrote:

So everything seems to be ok, but translation is not used.

Probably the pot file is incorrect.

Points of failure:
We do not have a method (automatic) to verify all that.

Probably the only way is to generate again pot files, then update po
files, then adjust fuzzy strings...

In this situation, if the internal date of the pot file is old (POT-Creation-Date), it may well be a bad file.

Something went wrong this translation round. I fear that what hapened with webyast hapened with other files - and I only checked webyasst because that is what I translated.

A method of verification is by using the source repo and checking the pot files inside. Make a backup, then run the makefile target that generates the pot file, and compare strings. If the msgid are different, you have proof of failure.

Perhaps somebody in charge of the buildservice could create something that creates those pots in time and pushes them to us. Dunno.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)