Re: [opensuse-translation] updating update desktop files again
  • From: Leandro Regueiro <leandro.regueiro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 13:47:18 +0200
On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Onsdag den 26. maj 2010 08:29:37 skrev Karl Eichwalder:
I'm about to update the update-desktop-files once again.

Btw are there any plans for when the "upstream overwrites opensuse
translations" will be turned off?

If you agree we can stop importing upstream translations next week
(last import on 2010-06-01).  Then there is one week for you to adjust
everything as needed.  According to coolo's timeline, on 2010-06-09 we
will have "translation finish" and on Friday, 2010-06-11 will be final
RC1 checkin.

I do not understand why you allow to translate in openSUSE the
translations you are importing from upstream. <ironic> Why not to
extend it to entire GNOME, OpenOffice, KDE and so on?</ironic> IMHO
things that could be translated in upstream SHOULD be translated
upstream and ONLY in upstream. I don't see the need to duplicate
efforts, it is a waste of time.

I have a problem with 2-3 of the upstream translations, and I'm
curious when it's a good time to fix them without having my changes
overwritten :-)

I see ;)

R&D / Documentation