Re: [opensuse-translation] Bug report against webyast files
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:06:01 +0200

On 2010-04-16 21:59, Александр Мелентьев wrote:
2010/4/16 Carlos E. R. <>:

That's exactly the sentences that made me to start the discussion
about i18n rules for developers. Cause it is impossible to translate
those lines in russian, since the form of the word standing for %s
depends on a gender of forthcoming noun: repository is male,
autorefresh is of middle gender, option is female (or male or middle
depending on context)? that gives three different forms for
enabled\disabled word in russian.
We definitely need to formalize some of the rules so we can point
developers on it.

But we also need an improved gettext system and po format that makes this
easier.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Elessar))