Re: [opensuse-translation] Translation files has broken.
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:41:22 +0200
Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx> writes:

update-desktop-files-apps.ko.po
update-desktop-files-directories.ko.po
update-desktop-files-kde-services.ko.po
update-desktop-files-kde.ko.po
update-desktop-files-screensavers.ko.po
update-desktop-files-yast.ko.po
update-desktop-files.ko.po

Strange. The files Kálmán restored are fine. Yesterday I ran the
50-tools/desktop-files-update.sh script, and it seems to do something
strange with the Korean strings.

I'll try to figure out what is going on there...

I'm not exactly sure what is going on there. Our scripts initially
collect many a lot dupes, which is okay -- but there is one strange
string (empty msgid) that seems to prevent msguniq from doing its job:

#: /opt/kde3/share/applications/kde/kcm_kdnssd.desktop
msgctxt "GenericName(kcm_kdnssd.desktop)"
msgid ""
msgstr "일반"

and then some undefined things seem to happen...

I partially merged the Korean u-d-f files manually. Can you take a
look, please? If it looks suspicious, I recommend to wait a little bit
(until the next merge)--maybe, the cause of the trouble, which might be
an upstream issue, will go away automagically.

R&D / Documentation