Re: [opensuse-translation] Build 350 l10n regression
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 08:54:14 +0100
Kálmán Kéménczy <kkemenczy@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

After the code/feature freeze there is a translation phase, but there
is no phase to fix translation issue on the developer side. IMHO this
one is missing. Most of my bugs are minor from the developer view and
for the whole project itself.

To avoid bad feelings again and again, we should publish and announce
the translations two or four weeks after the English release (GA). This
is, the GA most probably is 99% or more translated, but the user can
expect us to provide translation improvements two or four weeks later.

Delaying the GA for two or four weeks is not an option, and 1 additional
week would not be enough time.

I'm sure the majority of our openSUSE native speakers would understand
such a release strategy.

R&D / Documentation