Re: [opensuse-translation] Build 350 l10n regression
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 08:59:24 +0100
Am Sat 07 Nov 2009 09:03:23 PM CET schrieb Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>:

On Saturday 07 November 2009 08:57:33 Karl Eichwalder wrote:
Yes, this is unfortunately, but not that serious (IMO). The default
now is KDE, and we can fix the defect with an online update.

Both GNOME and KDE are first class citizens, so please treat them on the
same level. We just switched a radio button and did not demote GNOME at
all.

Yes, we can fix many things with an online update - but we should still
strive to have everything - especially our primary desktops - fully
localized,

Strong words, but sure, I'm also all for it, but the defect was detected
just too late.
Unfortunately, we did not notice that it was necessary to revert
the gtk packager and that this means you would have to revert the
POT file, too.

That's the prize you must pay for agile programming ;)

Anyway, since it is possible to fix it easily with an online update
I did not block the release. Cheers,
Karl