Re: [opensuse-translation] New Tajik Language for OpenSUSE
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 12:29:04 +0200
Michael Skiba <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Am Sonntag, 23. August 2009 19:30:28 schrieb Victor Ibragimov:

My name is Victor Ibragimov, a lead translator and coordinator for Tajik
KDE Team. I live in Dushanbe, Tajikistan (North from Afghanistan and
West from China). For the past five years I have been involved in
Software Localization projects for Tajik Language and initially have
localized Mandriva/Mandrake Linux and KDE into Tajik. It would be real
nice to get OpenSUSE speak Tajik!

Thanks for your commitment, Victor! You have now commit rights as
Tajiksuse. I'd like to know which plural formular you want to use for
the Tajik language--these formulars are in the PO file header and start
with "Plural-Forms"; for example:

"Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1);\n"

nice that you want to participate in translating openSUSE*. I welcome you
because the actually responsible person (Karl Eichwalder) is currently not in
office and won't over the next week IIRC.

Thanks Michael for keeping new translators informed! In theory,
everyone wiht commit rights can initialize a new language, though ;)
For YaST files, the process is roughly documented in
.../yast/50-doc/readme.txt but needs updating...

Unfortunately the tg language isn't in our system yet, so Karl will
have to create it (and also give you comit rights for SVN). If you
still want to start right away I'd suggest you to use the generic pot
files which can be found here (for this start please keep away from
update-desktop-files and gnomepackagekit and I think openoffice -
since those are at least partially merged from upstream of the
respective projects):

Yes, that's a valueable warning!

R&D / Documentation