Re: [opensuse-translation] important change for desktop files
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:31:58 +0100
Mandag 16 marts 2009 13:21:02 skrev Stephan Kulow:
The scripts to merge the upstream translations in has a default on what to
prefer and that's upstream for now (packages built). I'm free to change it
to not overwrite changes in SVN though when we're nearing RC phase.
That's what happened at 11.1 because (I think it was) italian team
complained about the poor quality of KDE translations and it was not
possible to get this fixed upstream in time.

Good. Think I finally understand now ;-)

What's in KDE branch is less interesting. In the desktop file there is no
translation at all - as KDE leaves out 1:1 translations. As such it appears
untranslated to my scripts. And because it's untranslated upstream,
openSUSE fills the gap. Hard to do right I'm afraid.

Ok, I see this is a weird corner case then. I'll just fix it manually in
openSUSE svn. No worries.