Re: [opensuse-translation] Going for 11.1 beta4
  • From: Gabriel <gabriel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:30:22 -0200
On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hrm.. ~250 untranslated/fuzzy strings in gnome-packagekit. Is it really
necessary that we still maintain our own fork of these translations?
Shouldn't
it be mature enough to be translated upstream by the gnome project by now?

Agreed.

This practice should really be kept to a minimum, and only happen temporarily
when absolutely necessary.

Yes, but obviously it is not that easy to make all involved parties
happy. It's a general problem. Upstream packages are often
imcompletely translated when we add them to openSUSE. If more
translations are available upstream, we probably should pull them
in--wondering whether upstream translations should always win
unconditionally?

Agreed too, although if we will still maintaining this file, IMHO our
translation should win over upstream.

--
Kind Regards