Re: [opensuse-translation] gnome-packagekit (Re: opensuseupdater-gnome: openSUSE 11.0 - POT file update wanted)
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 00:19:07 +0200 (CEST)

The Thursday 2008-04-24 at 15:13 -0500, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:

Basically the question is still open. What do we need to do to have it
translated in 11?

If I understand correctly, each team would have to contact upstream the gnome translators to help translating the appropriate file. In due course, the file would propagate downstream...

This would take months, and could not be coordinated.

Another, much faster, approach would be:

- To merge the most recent translation (from cvs or whatever upstream) to
our file.
- Then translate the resulting file locally, by our teams.
- Someone from Novell mails (not submitting, mind!) the translations to
the gnome translation coordinator so that they use them if they like
them, or discard them if they don't.

- -- Cheers,