[opensuse-translation] gnome-packagekit (Re: opensuseupdater-gnome: openSUSE 11.0 - POT file update wanted)
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:35:40 +0200
Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Le mardi 15 avril 2008, à 12:43 +0200, Martin Schlander a écrit :
Tirsdag den 15. April 2008 10:56:20 skrev Karl Eichwalder:
Instead of opensuseupdater-gnome there is now gnome-packagekit as a
successor. I'm going to remove opensuseupdater-gnome during the day.

I think we're venturing into some dangerous waters here.

According to packagekit FAQ gnome-packagekit is supposed to be translated
upstream by the GNOME project:
http://packagekit.org/pk-faq.html#translation

I know copying Ubuntu is popular, but do we really want to join them in
forking upstream translations? :-)

If it's really necessary that openSUSE translators translate
gnome-packagekit
for this release, there should at least be made an effort to move the stuff
upstream afterwards.

I did not know this. Then we probably should process it via Stanislav's
magic, that pulls in the upstream translations and let's you complete
it. Once done, we will push the opensuse translations upstream.

For the moment, stop translations gnome-packagekit and wait for
Stanislav's and Mauro's comments.

(Totally agree, please translate it upstream)

Personally I'll try to get in touch with Danish GNOME translators, to hear
what they think and what they have planned. Unfortunately I'm having trouble
accessing http://l10n.gnome.org right now

Seems to be down right now. We'll have GNOME sysadmins to look at it.

R&D / Documentation