Re: [opensuse-translation] The "packages" sub-branch, do we have to translate it?
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:05:00 +0100
Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gardet@xxxxxxx> writes:

How often are those translations refreshed ? I mean included in

I think once a week.

Apparently, there is an automatic update for *.pot files ( log :
"automatic update from PDB"). Is it possible to run an automatic script
in order to merge the *.$LL.po files with the *.pot files ?

Thanks for asking. If I got it right, the merge will now run at 2:45
CE(S)T every monday morning. ATM, the automatic merging is enable only
for the following languages:

cs de es fr hu pl

I can add more languages, if wanted.

Why don't include this sub-branch in the stat page ? Is it possible to
add it ?

We probably can add it. It is not included thus far, because packages
translations are not mandatory for SUSE Linux products. Of course, the
openSUSE community can decide differently. Cheers,

Karl Eichwalder
R&D / Documentation