Re: [opensuse-translation] Problem with update-desktop-file.fr.po
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 23:47:51 +0100 (CET)

The Thursday 2007-11-29 at 10:44 +0100, guillaume.gardet@... wrote:

Hello,

I have a problem with the french po file update-desktop-file.fr.po

I translated some fuzzy sentences and I have 1341 errors, always the same error
: duplicate message definition.

Ha! :-)

is it a known problem ? How can I solve the problem ?

Yep.

Indeed it is known... we ('es' team) have been bitten by it and we wear proudly our scars. :-P

You have to revert to an older version of the file, and restart the translation...

The messages in that file have this format:

#: /opt/kde3/share/applications/kde/klettres.desktop
msgctxt "Comment(klettres.desktop)"
msgid " a KDE program to learn the alphabet"
msgstr "Un programa de KDE para aprender el alfabeto"

#: /usr/share/applications/kde4/klettres.desktop
msgctxt "Comment(klettres.desktop)"
msgid "a KDE program to learn the alphabet"
msgstr "Un programa de KDE para aprender el alfabeto"

and poedit removes all the "msgctxt" things because it doesn't understand them, as Karl said. Without them there are repeated messages (same msgid) which are differentiated by different "msgctxt" texts - as you can see in the sample above.

- -- Cheers,