Re: [opensuse-translation] Problem with merge
daiana heinrich <xdaiana@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Is there any specific time/date when merging occurs?

Unfortunately, this can happen at any time.

Whenever such conflict trouble occurs, do not try to resolve it
manually. It's often to cumbersome in the case of .po files. Instead,
copy your version with the new translations that svn always preserves as
xxx.ll.po.mine (note the .mine suffix) to the original file name, apply
the resolve command and submit it to the SVN server. Here are the plain
svn commands:

cd ll/po
svn ci -m"xxx" xxx.ll.po

Then SVN complains as follows:
==>
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Your file or directory 'xxx.ll.po' is probably out-of-date
svn: The version resource does not correspond to the resource within the
transaction. Either the requested version resource is out of date (needs to be
updated), or the requested version resource is newer than the transaction root
(restart the commit).

svn up xxx.ll.po
==>
C xxx.ll.po

Now resolve the conflict as follows and commit the file:

cp xxx.ll.po.mine xxx.ll.po
svn resolved xxx.ll.po
svn ci -m"xxx" xxx.ll.po

Finally, either ask me, to merge it again, or just wait, or merge on
your own:

msgmerge -U xxx.ll.po ../../50-pot/xxx.pot

[I hope, I got all file name right; the assumption is, you cd into your
po directory first.]

R&D / Documentation