[opensuse-translation] Call for Translations

There have been several requests from community members on the mailing
lists to join language teams for the languages Brazilian Portuguese,
German, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish and
Traditional Chinese. We have now decided to open up the translation
process completely and not put any restrictions on it. Therefore I
invite you to create language teams for those eight languages
mentioned above, join one of the existing teams or start a new
language team for a language we currently do not support. If you're
interested, please mail on the opensuse-translation mailing list which
team you like to create - or join!

We currently have 55 languages - and I would like to thank everybody
involved with these. It's impressive to see those translations,
especially for those languages where I would not directly expect that
many openSUSE users! Thanks a lot!

Additionally I propose to have during the installation slide show a
slide with the following content:

openSUSE Localization

The openSUSE project is a community project and many individuals are
involved in bug fixing, packaging, testing, documentation and also
localization. Localization for openSUSE specific software is done
by different language teams and the localization portal is reachable
under http://i18n.opensuse.org/ .

Each translation teams should then add a new sentence to this
parargraphwith e.g. in German "Die deutsche Übersetzung wurde
durchgeführt von Karl Eichwalder und Andreas Jaeger " (translated back
to English: "The German translation has been done by Karl Eichwalder
and Andreas Jaeger" - assuming Karl and myself did the work).

What do you think about this? Should we add this slide? Should we do
it differently?

We're a little bit late with this announcement - sorry about that. We
will try to stretch every deadline to get localized packages into
10.3 and especially Karl Eichwalder and Stephan Kulow will help you to
move this forward!

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, Director Platform/openSUSE, aj@xxxxxxx