Re: [opensuse-translation] Re: Lao team
  • From: Martin Lasarsch <mlasars@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:12:15 +0200

?

> Looking at these pages
>
> Here is a list of Pages that need to be translated first, before we setup a
> new wiki:
>
> -
> Welcome_to_openSUSE.org<http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org> -
> Download <http://en.opensuse.org/Download>
> - Documentation <http://en.opensuse.org/Documentation>
> - SDB <http://en.opensuse.org/SDB>
> - How to Participate <http://en.opensuse.org/How_to_Participate>
> - Communicate <http://en.opensuse.org/Communicate>
> - Project_overview <http://en.opensuse.org/Project_overview>
> - Projects <http://en.opensuse.org/Projects>
> - Roadmap <http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap>
> -
> Frequently_Asked_Questions<http://en.opensuse.org/Frequently_Asked_Question
>s> - Contact <http://en.opensuse.org/Contact>
>

> They seem to have many links and etc....Please clarify and then I will
> follow. What about those links on the left side of the main page?

Just translate these pages first. When somebody sends me pages for a new wiki
i insert these pages and replace all missing pages with the NotTranslated
template. So we have less deadlinks and it's easy to translate pages after
that without missing content. When i finished with the wiki i will send the
maintainer a mail and he can fix/add pages/links, but usually it's already in
a pretty good shape. The maintainer should send me a mail when he thinks it
is ready so we can announce it.

Please look also at http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Translation_Guide_detail
there are also some templates mentioned, but you, the maintainer, can also fix
it later. If there is a template missing, i will insert the english one (some
templates need no translation).

If you want you can translate more. For me it's easier if you only translate
the needed pages/templates and after the wiki is online do more. Should be
also easier for the maintainer, because it's online and you can correct
errors faster.

btw: this thread belongs to opensuse-wiki (but don't move it now ...)

--
with kind regards,