Re: [opensuse-translation] Re: Lao team
  • From: Martin Lasarsch <mlasars@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:12:15 +0200
On Thursday 13 July 2006 16:13, Anousak Souphavanh wrote:
> Klara,
> Just a quick question. I was wondering if there are any templates to follow
> or should I just copy and past then translate those pages. Becuase they
> might not be in order or should I say proper formated.

> Looking at these pages
> Here is a list of Pages that need to be translated first, before we setup a
> new wiki:
> -
><> -
> Download <>
> - Documentation <>
> - SDB <>
> - How to Participate <>
> - Communicate <>
> - Project_overview <>
> - Projects <>
> - Roadmap <>
> -
> Frequently_Asked_Questions<
>s> - Contact <>
> They seem to have many links and etc....Please clarify and then I will
> follow. What about those links on the left side of the main page?

Just translate these pages first. When somebody sends me pages for a new wiki
i insert these pages and replace all missing pages with the NotTranslated
template. So we have less deadlinks and it's easy to translate pages after
that without missing content. When i finished with the wiki i will send the
maintainer a mail and he can fix/add pages/links, but usually it's already in
a pretty good shape. The maintainer should send me a mail when he thinks it
is ready so we can announce it.

Please look also at
there are also some templates mentioned, but you, the maintainer, can also fix
it later. If there is a template missing, i will insert the english one (some
templates need no translation).

If you want you can translate more. For me it's easier if you only translate
the needed pages/templates and after the wiki is online do more. Should be
also easier for the maintainer, because it's online and you can correct
errors faster.

btw: this thread belongs to opensuse-wiki (but don't move it now ...)

with kind regards,
Martin Lasarsch, Subsystems
SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5 90409 Nuremberg
simply change to