Re: [opensuse-translation] Re: Lao team
  • From: "Anousak Souphavanh" <anousak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:13:39 +0700
Klara,

Just a quick question. I was wondering if there are any templates to follow
or should I just copy and past then translate those pages. Becuase they
might not be in order or should I say proper formated.

Looking at these pages

Here is a list of Pages that need to be translated first, before we setup a
new wiki:

- Welcome_to_openSUSE.org<http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org>
- Download <http://en.opensuse.org/Download>
- Documentation <http://en.opensuse.org/Documentation>
- SDB <http://en.opensuse.org/SDB>
- How to Participate <http://en.opensuse.org/How_to_Participate>
- Communicate <http://en.opensuse.org/Communicate>
- Project_overview <http://en.opensuse.org/Project_overview>
- Projects <http://en.opensuse.org/Projects>
- Roadmap <http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap>
- Frequently_Asked_Questions<http://en.opensuse.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions>
- Contact <http://en.opensuse.org/Contact>

They seem to have many links and etc....Please clarify and then I will
follow. What about those links on the left side of the main page?

For example,
Welcome to openSUSE.org From openSUSE

The openSUSE project is a worldwide community program sponsored by
Novell<http://www.novell.com/>that promotes the use of Linux
everywhere. The program provides anyone with
free and easy access to the world's most usable Linux distribution, SUSE
Linux.

Here at openSUSE.org, you'll find a community of developers, end users, and
other open source enthusiasts who all have the same goal in mind. We work
together to create and distribute the world's most usable Linux. There are
many ways you can participate in the openSUSE project. First you should get
a copy of SUSE Linux and install it on your machine.

[image: openSUSE in Other Languages]<http://en.opensuse.org/Image:Locale.png>
openSUSE in Other Languages

This is the English openSUSE wiki. Much of the content is also available
translated in the language wikis for Cesky <http://cs.opensuse.org/>,
Deutsch <http://de.opensuse.org/>, Español <http://es.opensuse.org/>,
Français <http://fr.opensuse.org/>, Italiano <http://it.opensuse.org/>,
Magyar <http://hu.opensuse.org/>, Русский <http://ru.opensuse.org/>,
Svenska<http://sv.opensuse.org/>,
Tiếng Việt <http://vi.opensuse.org/>, Türkçe <http://tr.opensuse.org/> and
日本語 <http://ja.opensuse.org/>.

[image: Download] <http://en.opensuse.org/Image:Download.png>
Download SUSE Linux

Get the last released version or current development build of SUSE
Linux.<http://en.opensuse.org/Download>

*SUSE Linux 10.2 Alpha 1 was released on Wednesday, 14th of June.*

[image: Report a Bug] <http://en.opensuse.org/Image:Bug.png>
Report a Bug

With our open Bugzilla system, you have direct access to further the
development of SUSE Linux. <http://en.opensuse.org/Submitting_Bug_Reports>

[image: Google Summer of Code 2006]<http://en.opensuse.org/Image:Google.gif>
Google Summer of Code 2006

Summer of Code 2006 is a program that offers student developers stipends to
create new open source programs or to help currently established projects.
openSUSE is participating in
SoC<http://en.opensuse.org/Summer_of_Code_2006>as a mentoring
organization.

The granted projects can be found at Google's SoC
page<http://code.google.com/soc/suse/about.html>.

Thanks,

Anousak

On 7/13/06, Klára Cihlářová <cihlarov@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dne čtvrtek 13 červenec 2006 10:35 Karl Eichwalder napsal(a):
> "Anousak Souphavanh" <anousak@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> Thanks for coming back!
>
> > I am Anousak Souphavanh, Lao team leader. The team for Laos have been
> > created and assiged myself as team leader to work on YaST translation.
> > Couple of thingsI need your help: 1) Could someone assign me an id for
> > cvs?,
>
> ATM, we are still building up the SVN repository. Once it is ready, we
> will ask all you team leaders to create accounts at
> http://developer.novell.com/ and mail us your account names. But right
> now it is still too early.
>
> If you already want to start working on the YaST translations, please
> download the bundle from the mirror
> ( ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/noarch/i18n/yast/y2-lo.tar.gz ) and send
> back to me two or three translated files for testing.
>
> > 2) also I would to translate opensuse.org thus subdomain name for Laos
> > need to be created, e.g lo.opensuse.org and please point me to the
> > website template to download.
>
> Klára, can you help Anousak with getting lo.opensuse.org started, if not
> already done?

Of course I can, but the Lao team must translated a few obligatory pages
first.

Anousak, the list of obligatory pages to translate you find at
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Translation_Guide. After you translate
them,
please send mait to opensuse-wiki-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx and we create
lo.opensuse.org and move your translated pages.
--
Klara