Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-translation-de (22 mails)

< Previous Next >
[opensuse-translation-de] Re: German translator for the GNU FreeDink game package
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 14:28:29 +0200
Sylvain Beucler <beuc@xxxxxxxx> writes:

I was talking with Stefan Dirsch about a German translation of the
Dink Smallwood game story, which is packaged in SUSE through the GNU
FreeDink game engine package (in 'freedink-data' and 'freedink'
respectively).

Stefan mentioned you might known somebody interested in the community
to do this translation. Could you ask?

The game is registered at the Translation Project:
http://translationproject.org/domain/dink.html

It's 2200 strings though they are mostly dialogs, thus quicker to
translate than usual applications .po's. Having done the French
translation myself, I estimate the translation to about 10-15h of
work. The game story is finished and will not significantly evolve.

Thanks for asking. We have a dedicated mailing list. I'm Cc:ing to the
ML hoping someone is interested.

--
Karl Eichwalder
R&D / Documentation