[opensuse-testing] 12.1 (GM) on sony vayo VPCEH2N1E
  • From: yahoo-pier_andreit <pier_andreit@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 14:34:09 +0100
on this:
http://www.sony.it/product/vn-e-series/vpceh2n1e-w.it1
I Installed from dvd, kde and gnome3, I tested only kde, gnome3 is too much strange to use for now :-)), in ten minutes I cannot manage to use anything on it, this is my son's notebook, 18 yearsold, he will decide what use, may be a young mind could use it:-))

installation last less than an hour and went very good
-screen works ok out of the box
-wireless works ok out of the box, some difficulty to have the network password memorized, I don't know how, but after some restart and tenth of root and network passwords given I succeed :-)), I think some work on this should be done, I didn't used kwallet, may be this the problem??
-wired works out of the box
-broadband works out of the box
-sound works ok out of the box
-card reader works out of the box
-special keys works out of the box
-sleep I will test
-touchpad works as simple mouse, scroll doesn't works, I think it is the same shit of hardware as my dell latitude, we will try later when the upgrade will be ready
-thunderbird crash sometimes, but after some restart and some change of theme (the original is veeeeery ugly) it seems to works,
-suspend works out of the box

My son's comments: it is quite complicate to have mp3 dvd and other multimedia support, putting an icon on the desktop that perform this could be a good idea, too much passwords to give to perform network

other comments will follow