Re: [opensuse-testing] Open-Bugs-Day stats
Hello,

on Montag, 4. April 2011, Bernhard M. Wiedemann wrote:
Here are some stats from this weekend's Open-Bugs-Day
346 of 1179 bugs were updated in bugzilla (that included all public
openSUSE / SuSE bugs before 11.2

Stats by user:
280 Larry Finger

The problem with statistics is: you can only trust statistics you faked
yourself ;-)

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the work you are doing with
bugzilla cleanup. However, just closing bugs as "noresponse" with a
comment that the version is obsolete isn't too helpful IMHO. There are
many bugs that are old, but still valid.

IMHO closing less bugs while testing at least those that include an easy
reproducer (like bug 408545) with 11.4 would make more sense.

Of course I understand that there are also more obscure/hard to
reproduce bugs where "noresponse" might be the only sensible option.
And yes, I have seen that you used for example "needinfo" for some bugs.

Again: this is not meant as an attack, just as proposal ;-)

Another proposal: Send a mail to all bugreporters that have open bugs
against old openSUSE releases and ask them to check if the bug is still
valid on openSUSE 11.4.
I can't promise that everybody will do it ;-) but even if only 10% of
the bugs are updated this way, it will save you lots of work.
Getting a list of reporters and their bugs should be trivial with
bugzilla search + adding the "reporter" column to the output.

I did not look at many bugs, because I also coded a new tool to find
when bnc#123456 is mentioned in OBS submitrequests.
so that I can manually decide what to do, but using the bugzilla API
to auto-update bugs is possible. Adrian said, that it would make
sense to build the detection part somewhere into OBS.

That sounds like a very good idea :-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Womit erstellt ihr so eure Homepages?
mit vim *g*. Wobei es Leute gibt, die tatsächlich behaupten, das soll