Re: [opensuse-testing] 11.4 RC2 KDE LiveCD
On Sunday, February 27, 2011 07:28:36 am medwinz wrote:
Hi list,

I try to install 11.4 RC2 KDE LiveCD in my netbook HP 311. But it
seems something wrong with the installer, it is stop responding when
the progress bar show 35%. Anyone confirm this issue?

Meanwhile no problem installing DVD version of 11.4 RC2 in my other laptop.

How much memory you have in the netbook?

Do you have swap partition?

Did you use USB stick (pendrive) for installation? How did you make it?

Did you use external CD/DVD USB drive?

Did you load Live CD system first and then use Install icon on the desktop to
start installation, or you started installation right from the GRUB boot
prompt? Those 2 should differ in memory consumption.

Any other details that you noticed that make difference between netbook, and
laptop?

Did you try to use net install iso? This uses much lesser memory then Live CD.
DVD can be used instead NET iso. Just change source of installation.

--
Regards,
Rajko