[opensuse-testing] Weekly News for February 5
The Testing Core Team IRC meeting was held Jan. 31, 2011 at 18:00 UTC. The next
one will be on the Monday following the release of 11.4 RC1 at 18:00 UTC.

In our meeting, we discussed our experiences with 11.4 M6 and discussed bugs
that we have encountered. We also discussed how to improve the openQA testing to
catch problems that would interfere with installation; however, this will always
be problematic. For example, the x86_64 DVD from Build 1034 turned out to be too
large to burn to a standard single-layer DVD. At the time of the decision to
release that buid as 11.4 M6, the testing process was working on Build 1033,
which did not have this problem.

My personal set of bugs were mostly due yo problems with software other than
11.4 M6. The NET install CD failed to boot after installation on a VirtualBox
VM, but the KDE Live CD installed OK on that same VM. The problem was with
VirtualBox 4.0.0 (4.0.2 works fine). I also have one system that uses the i915
graphics driver that boots with a garbled screen, but it works with the
"nomodeset" boot option. That is a kernel problem, not with openSUSE 11.4 and
the bug report was placed at http://bugzilla.kernel.org..

It is extremely important to test M6 so that as many bugs as possible are found
and fixed. Remember that your hardware may have problems not seen by other
testers. Remember that it is essential to report the bugs, otherwise thay may
not be fixed by the final release of 11.4.