[opensuse-testing] Weekly News for December 18
  • From: Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 22:32:38 -0600
The next Testing Core Team IRC meeting to discuss 11.4 Milestone 5 will be held
December 27 at 1800 UTC.

The Team had a meeting on Monday, December 6, when we talked about our
experiences with openSUSE 11.4 M4. The automated installation testing seems to
be working as no one reported installation failures. Our major complaints were
Bug #657605 (corrupted downloads), Bug #656060 (poor performance for i945
graphics hardware), and k3b crashing. The corrupted download bug is fixed in M5,
and k3b now works. I am aware of other problems with the i915 driver in the
2.6.37 kernel, but those are being addresses in the upstream kernel.

My early experience with M5 has led be to switch to it from 11.3 on both 32- and
64-bit systems. From what I see, 11.4 should be a really good distribution.

I repeat my plea for readers of these news to test, test, test, and and report
all bugs to the Novell bugzilla.