Re: [opensuse-testing] 11.4 Milestone 1 of 6 released
  • From: Refilwe Seete <r.seete@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 04:53:27 -0400
On Friday 10 September 2010 14:08:45 you wrote:
[Edited...]
# Another discuss

I have some things to discuss about the vision of 'Testing Team'. What
for you is testing? Bug report? I don't want to do only bug report of
new versions, I want to test everything, like hundreds of http request
using openSUSE(11.2?11.1?11.3?) like server to see what happens or how
to improve performance.

When I came to this Team, I thought that we would doing these experiments.

My idea about what is a testing team is wrong?

#

No, your idea was not wrong. Certainly up to this point we have not done
testing of the sort you mention, but there are no reasons not to other than
determination and logistics.

The team is what we make of it - individually and collectively.
If you want to do some server stress tests you can...and if you want to
recruit some of the team to help, you can ask.

The more areas we test and report on, the better the distro and its component
parts become. Your efforts on server functionality are quite welcome.

Refilwe