[opensuse-testing] Re: [opensuse-factory] Problem with openSUSE 11.3 for systems with Broadcom BCM4312
  • From: Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:19:18 -0500
On 07/12/2010 11:57 AM, Greg KH wrote:
On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 11:42:09PM +0700, medwinz wrote:
To activate wlan I use broadcom-wl package from OBS.

Why is this package in obs? The license for the wl driver does not
allow it to be redistributed, please delete it from OBS before people
get in big trouble...

In my mind, even having it on Packman is a violation of the Broadcom license. I think the only legal way to run Broadcom wl is to download the source from Broadcom's site and compile it on your own machine!

Larry