[opensuse-testing] Re: [opensuse-factory] Fail to install 11.3 RC2 in HP Mini 311
  • From: medwinz <medwinz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 11:29:16 +0700
On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is a problem with b43 on some Netbooks. The fix has been found, but is
too invasive to be backported to 2.6.34, thus it will not be in openSUSE
11.3. Your best bet is to blacklist ssb (b43-pci-bridge is part of it) and
b43, then get the wl package from Packman.

Larry

Larry thanks for quick reply. It works!

I can manage to mount the partition to my 11.2 installation and add:
/etc/modprobe.d/50-broadcom-wl-blacklist.conf and the content is

blacklist bcm43xx
blacklist ssb
blacklist b43
blacklist ndiswrapper

reboot it and i can continue the installation.

I think it might be difficult for non technical user for such kind of
workaround, nevertheless it works flawlessly.
And also what happen when YaST stop at 41% when trying to install
11.3RC2 from KDE live cd?
I still try to find it out.

regards,
--