[opensuse-testing] Weekly News Item for July 3
  • From: Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 00:54:17 -0500
Sascha,

Below is my report for this week's news.

Larry

For general news about the openSUSE Testing Core Team, please see
http://tinyurl.com/24n8ufe and the links within it.

The Team held a special regular IRC meeting last Monday to report our
experiences with Factory at the half-way point between RC1 and RC2. Our
hope is to find any bugs that might have been introduced in the
development, and to track the repairs on the bugs that were in RC1. As the
schedule calls for only 2 weeks between RC2 and the GM release, there is
not much time for finding and fixing bugs.

The Team will hold our regular meeting next Monday to discuss our
experiences with RC2.

At this writing, my only RC2 installation is an update from RC1 using the
NET install CD on a 32-bit virtual machine running under VirtualBox. This
update proceeded without problems. After rebooting, DNS did not work due
to a faulty resolv.conf - a condition that was logged. It was a simple
fix, but one that might be a problem for a new user.