Re: [opensuse-testing] zypper dup M6 to M7 created unbootable system
  • From: "Sascha 'saigkill' Manns" <samannsml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 21:27:12 +0200
Am Freitag 21 Mai 2010 21:18:41 wrote Per Jessen:
Sascha 'saigkill' Manns wrote:
Hello Per,

Am Freitag 21 Mai 2010 13:01:04 wrote Per Jessen:
This isn't specific to M7, I noticed the same thing went I
upgraded this test system from 11.0 to M6 - the kernel and initrd
are both updated, but lilo is apparently run to update the
bootloader, so the system ends up not being able to boot.
I understand that lilo is no longer a supported boot loader, but
running 'zypper dup' and ending up with a system that can't boot,
well ...

today i´ve updated my M6 to M7. And for me it works fine...

And you're also using lilo??
oops. That i haven´t seen. Excuse me please.

--
Sincerely yours

Sascha Manns
open-slx GmbH