[opensuse-testing] Which distribution - how to upgrade to 11.3 M4?
  • From: "Terje J. Hanssen" <nteknikk@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 19:53:12 +0100
Hi all,

1. Which developer version is really installed/running?

Initially I installed 11.3 Milestone 1 from DVD iso, and thought I had seen later upgrades to M2 and M3 after several upgrades with 'zypper dup' several times.

But now I became unsure which distribution (Milestone) I really have:

cat /etc/SuSE-release
openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 1 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11.3

cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.32-3-desktop (geeko@buildhost) (gcc version 4.4.2 [gcc-4_4-branch revision 155802] (SUSE Linux) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT 2009-12-04 00:41:46 +0100

Can this really still be Milestone 1 after all package upgrades?
How can we verify exactlly which developer distro (Milestone) we currently have?

2. How to upgrade to 11.3 Milestone 4 ?

Looking at http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.3-Milestone4/
there is no 'repo' available, just 'iso' and 'delta'

Isn't it possible to use 'zypper dup' to upgrade from a previous Milestone to M4?

If not, what is the recommended way to upgrade to M4? The M4 delta DVD iso isn't bootable so that one can run an update installation from there (according to my attempt).

Rgds,
Terje J. Hanssen