Re: [opensuse-testing] Hardware requirements for openSUSE 11.2
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 09:44:17 +0100
Rasmus Plewe a écrit :

Then there is the "theoretically absolute minimum installation, using
all the tweaks you can get". That would be the 512/256MB installations,
probably running out of disk space as soon as the user tries to save his
.bash_history, and having no graphical resolution to speak of (why
should they? The system is not usable for someone sitting in front of it
anyway).

sorry to say, but this is plain ridiculous. I have right now a server
running very well and serving mailing lists and a wiki with only 128Mb
ram and 20Gb HDD.

I know of many people that can't afford to buy a computer and are very
happy to get for free a 256Mb ram 20Gb HDD PIV (I can spread many of
them, from company renewing program)

and openSUSE, even kde, runs on these machines

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org