Re: [opensuse-testing] New core testing team
  • From: Elmar Stellnberger <estellnb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:11:57 +0200
Hi everyone,

I have recently been doing a lot of testing for
* radeonhd - the os-ATI driver (upstreams, solely status report for OS)
* the package management (zypper, YaST)
* interested in testing Apparmor & SELinux; own development: checkroot

Besides this I file most bug reports on diverse issues
grub, bluetooth pairing, NTP, flashplayer for OS (OpenSuSE)
- every problem that I encounter myself with Linux or that I am asked
for by friends.

Formerly I have been doing a lot of testing for KDE3; all of it
at bugs.kde.org. However I have never really started to file reports for KDE4 because I thought that there would be simply too much to do and kept waiting for it to improve. As things are now there will still be a KDE3 repo for 11.2 (https://features.opensuse.org/306733), but it won`t be officially supported so I guess there is little sense in filing bug reports for KDE3.

Regarding Gabriel Francos suggestion to report bugs for KDE/Gnome,
I wanna recommend posting all of them upstreams and to only open up
reports for OS if something heavily annoys or can not be done in time.
As far as I am informed Novell only has 4 full time employees on KDE
(Stephan Binner, Luboš Luňák, Dirk Mueller, Will Stephenson) -
20 testers for 4 developers will be too much!

Regarding test for wireless networking I would greatly appreciate the
support of kwlan, my favourite GUI-tool. However the last time kwlan has
worked for me was OpenSuSE 11.0 (Bug 537159) so that I am directly using
wpa_supplicant now.

Initially I have been collecting some links for our test-work at
opensuse.org/developer which however now has been replaced by a more
comprehensive site. Nonetheless I personally prefer having the bare
links (faster, more clear). That is why I have now put them online on my
hompage: http://suse.elstel.com or www.elstel.com/suse - njoy.

Regards,
Elmar