Re: [opensuse-testing] New core testing team
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 23:01:22 -0500
On Thursday 10 September 2009 07:45:49 Spencer French wrote:
Considering images for m7 should be around now/soon I was wondering what
other members of the team thought our plan should be for this far along in
the dev cycle?
And also what testing preferences each member has as well as available
hardware so we can all have a rough idea of each others work flow.
I have 2 desktop machines both x86/64 as well as a macbook pro (early 2009)
and a newish dell laptop, so I can do resume/suspend testing of those
models. As far as preference I am really interested in the kde
desktop/yast/zypper and xorg, although of course I will help with anything
I can.

For hardware configuration and test results consider including smolt
infrastructure in test team infrastructure. It is easier to run smolt, mark
working and non working parts, and explain problems on smolt wiki, then to
start from scratch.

Using our wiki as a glue to link to different smolt profiles can save some
time in test organization.

IMHO, we would need wiki pages (topics) like:

Test Team Members:
simple list of members with links to equipment and test profiles, listing
subgroups that have interest in particular type of testing

Test Team Equipment and Profiles:
simple list of equipment with links to smolt profiles (more details about
hardware) and interest in testing (test profile)

Testing Team Tests
List of tests, common in any version, version specific, bug reports tests,
etc.

Test Results 11.2
main page as index of other pages (needs manual update), but this can be wiki
category added to each of test result pages.

Test Results 11.2/Test 1 <-- This from Holgi's list of tests and/or other
tests that Team can come up with.

The structure with one subpage for each test is required to have enough room
for many testers and results.

Also, there will be needed some pages with instructions for new tester, whom
to contact (team head), where to find test plans, and what is the procedure.

Did I miss something? (surely yes, but what?)

--
Regards, Rajko

People of openSUSE editor.
Latest interviews: http://news.opensuse.org/category/people-of-opensuse/