Re: [opensuse-testing] Building the OpenSUSE testing team
  • From: Holger Sickenberg <holgi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 16:40:21 +0200
Hi Alberto,

Do you have that already or do you want me to tell something about the
current way of testing at SUSE?

We did not talk about the current way of testing with Henne, so it would
be great if you could tell me something :-)

Going not too much into details: current testing of openSUSE is divided
in three parts:
1)Installation/Update Tests
Test installing and updating from the former openSUSE version (for
11.1 it was 11.0) of every milestone (beta) version both on x86 and
x86_64. (If time permits also installation tests on PlayStation 3)
2)Automated Kernel Test
Running a subset of available Kernel Test Suites on every milestone
version (x86/x86_64)
3)Feature Tests
Based on the list of new features test if features are implemented and
working as expected (see http://en.opensuse.org/Testing:Features_11.1)

All test cases and results are stored in the tool "Testopia" (an
enhancement to Bugzilla) which is unfortunately just accessable for
people inside Novell.

With the help of the openSUSE community (developers/testing team) I do
see room for improvement for milestone testing in following areas:
- test of installation/updates on a wider hardware base
- better test coverage of feature tests
- creating and executing of test cases for base system and applications
(also useful for maintenance updates of packages during product
lifetime)

I hope this information is a good base for further discussions.

Best wishes,
Holgi