Re: [opensuse-testing] Building the OpenSUSE testing team
  • From: Holger Sickenberg <holgi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 11:20:37 +0200
Hi Alberto,

As far as I know there will not be any alpha and beta versions but
something like milestones with 11.2 - so yes: starting to test with the
first milestone make sense.

OK.

It looks like the first milestone should be available around April,
23rd which is pretty soon. (see Coolo's mail:
http://lists.opensuse.org/archive/opensuse-factory/2009-04/msg00052.html)

At the moment I don't understand if there is interest for this idea on
the Novell side though (Are you at N, btw?). I just had some quick talk
with Zonker, who showed his interest, and who said he would have
contacted Oliver Ries at suse.de to know what the existing
infrastructure is. Still no answer. If you know something about that, it
would be useful to talk about it too. :-)

Let's talk soon, when you have time.
There is interest by Novell: Zonker already told you about that. Yes,
I'm also working for SUSE/N (Oliver is my boss) and I'm quite interested
as well. Which information do you like to have?

Yup, Henne clarified the situation to me yesterday. Mainly I was
interested to know what tools are available and some general idea of how
testing works at SUSE.

Do you have that already or do you want me to tell something about the
current way of testing at SUSE?

I volunteered to take over the action item of the Testing/QA section of
the CommunityWeek (http://en.opensuse.org/CommunityWeek). So maybe we
can use that as kind of kick-off for the testing team.

Yeah. This sounds a good idea. I'm at work during that week, however it
should not be overbusy, and I can find some time.

Feel free to add your thoughts and ideas to the Testing/QA section of
the wiki page mentioned above.

Best wishes,
Holgi