Re: [opensuse-testing] openSUSE 11.1 Beta RC1 ready to test
  • From: Bayard Coolidge <n1ho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 19:34:51 -0800 (PST)
I did an upgrade from Beta5 to RC1, with mixed results.

A few weeks ago, I filed a BZ 430284 enumerating a number of problems
with the slowness of the installation system. I have just updated that
BZ with further quantitative data. I waited 7 minutes for "loading basic
drivers" before literally pulling the USB plug and then reinserting it.
There were 5 minute delays looking for USB devices, and ieee1394 devices.
Overall, it was an agonizingly slow process, but eventually I got my
Beta5 system upgraded to RC1 without having to pull/reinsert the USB plug.

However, the RC1 system seems to have a network problem - eth0 comes up
and I can ping my printer's ethernet port, but can't resolve any addresses,
especially 'download.opensuse.org', which makes completion of the
installation somewhat problematic. I'll try to work on it as time permits
over the weekend.