[opensuse-testing] Call for feature testing 11.1
  • From: Martin Lasarsch <mlasars@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 19:17:16 +0100
Hi

Beta4 is released, and we would like to have an in deep feature testing of it.
You can find on overview of the features that should work on the wiki:

http://en.opensuse.org/Testing:Features_11.1
general information: http://en.opensuse.org/Testing

This is also a great overview of new features for openSUSE 11.1

If you want you can of course start right now, but we also offer support for
that on the irc on Thursday 05.11 between 11:00 and 19:00 CET. Sorry, we can't
cover all timezones. Some items in the featurelist are quite obvious, some
not. We try to help figure it out in the irc, so ask if you are not sure what
to do exactly.

We will meet in the channel #opensuse-testing.

We are aware that the wiki is not the best tool for it, but due the lack of
something else which is also accessible externally we have to use it.

Short workflow:
- look at the topic of the channel, all ongoing tests are there ...
- look on the wiki for a feature that's not tested:
Test Result: idle
- announce the number on the irc so everbody knows that somebody is working on
it
- the number will be in the topic
- announce if the test are failed or worked, number will be removed from topic
- the SUSE/Novell staff will enter it in the wiki and our internal feature
database

--
with kind regards,

Martin Lasarsch, Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5 90409 Nürnberg
GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
martin.lasarsch@xxxxxxx - http://www.opensuse.org