Re: [opensuse-testing] NUI - France would like to test SLE 11
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:08:32 +0200
"Quentin Jackson" <Quentin.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Well I found the priority documentation at
http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs/Definitions#Bug_Severities, it seems quite
good, so further to below, I feel we should not be releasing a distro
with any outstanding job having a criticality over Normal. Obviously
there would be exceptions, but it seems that we do indeed release a
distro with 'Major' severity outstanding calls correct? So by proxy
that would be saying that we're OK releasing a distro that has "Major
loss of function"?

We include priorities as well - not have any P1 bugs.

In the past we had as policy no blocker. No bugs with severity above
normal is not feasible - we would never ever release ;-) or release with
an outdated distribution.

There's indeed quite a difficult balance between time and quality - and
we do this also with limiting the changes we allow to make to the
distribution at some time,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany