Re: [opensuse-summit] announcing Es translation of site [Panama and other Newspapers Links]
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 12:42 -0500, Ricardo Chung wrote:
On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 19:01 +0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Friday 20 April 2012 11:33:32 Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 10:51 -0500, Ricardo Chung wrote:
El vie, 20-04-2012 a las 12:12 +0200, Jos Poortvliet escribió:
Heya all,

I almost forgot: we were supposed to announce the spanish translation
of the site. I've kept it short, there is not that much to say, but
if I missed something I'd love to hear it:

http://news.opensuse.org/?p=13234&preview=true

Will go live Monday.

/Jos

Jos,

Would you like to add a Spanish Translation too?

Regards,

What we really need is to target Spanish-speaking media to send them
press release.  Spanish-speakers probably aren't reading news.o.o that
much unless they already know English.

So...  can we come up with a list of Spanish-speaking media publications
we can send the release to?  I've asked itxshell to come up with a list,
but if more of you can do this and add to a big list, then Jos can send
to them directly.

Yup. News.o.o is English, a spanish translation there might not make sense.
It does in a blog and of course in the direction of Spanish media...

Thanks!
Bryen

Jos,

This link could give several online newspapers for Central America and
South America
http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/south-america-newspapers.htm

North America and Caribbean region
http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/north-america-newspapers.htm

In Panama case, the most important newspapers are:

La Prensa
http://www.prensa.com/

El Panama America
http://www.panamaamerica.com.pa/periodico/edicion-actual/index.php

La Estrella de Panama
http://www.laestrella.com.pa/online/inicio.asp

Capital Financiero
http://www.capital.com.pa/
The last one issued a special edition about telecommunications
http://www.capital.com.pa/suplemento-telecomunicaciones-mayo-2012/

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

--
Ricardo Chung | Panama
Ambassador

Good starting list.  But what about FOSS-targeted publications?   Is
there a Linux Magazine-type publication for Spanish language?

Bryen

Bryen,

All FOSS magazines I know come from other countries ( Mostly English speakers,
UK, US, AU: Linux Journal, Linux Magazine, Linux User , Linux Pro, Linux
Format, ),
* Linux Magazine - http://www.linux-magazine.com
* Linux Journal - http://www.linuxjournal.com
* Linux World - http://www.linuxworld.com
* Linux Today PR - http://www.linuxtoday.com
* Linux For You - http://www.lfymag.com
* Linux Mag - http://www.linux-mag.com
* Linux Format - http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/
* Linux User and Developer - http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/
* Red Hat Magazine - http://magazine.redhat.com/
* Full Circle Magazine - http://fullcirclemagazine.org/

There are some magazines specially coming from Spain (Todo Linux, Linux +)

*Linux+: http://lpmagazine.org/es
*Tuxinfo: http://www.tuxinfo.com.ar/tuxinfo/
*Begins: http://www.revistabegins.org/
*Linvix: http://linvix.wordpress.com/
*Atix: http://atix.opentelematics.org/

*Linux Magazine: http://www.linux-magazine.es/issue/60
*Todo Linux: http://www.iberprensa.com/todolinux/todolinux.htm

Regards,

--
Ricardo A. Chung | openSUSE Linux Ambassador

http://twitter.com/amon0thoth1
http://amon0thoth1.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/openSUSE-Panama-Users-Group/326325121542