Re: [opensuse-summit] announcing Es translation of site [Panama and other Newspapers Links]
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 12:42 -0500, Ricardo Chung wrote:
On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 19:01 +0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Friday 20 April 2012 11:33:32 Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 10:51 -0500, Ricardo Chung wrote:
El vie, 20-04-2012 a las 12:12 +0200, Jos Poortvliet escribió:
Heya all,

I almost forgot: we were supposed to announce the spanish translation
of the site. I've kept it short, there is not that much to say, but
if I missed something I'd love to hear it:

Will go live Monday.

Would you like to add a Spanish Translation too?

What we really need is to target Spanish-speaking media to send them
press release.  Spanish-speakers probably aren't reading news.o.o that
much unless they already know English.

So...  can we come up with a list of Spanish-speaking media publications
we can send the release to?  I've asked itxshell to come up with a list,
but if more of you can do this and add to a big list, then Jos can send
to them directly.

Yup. News.o.o is English, a spanish translation there might not make sense.
It does in a blog and of course in the direction of Spanish media...

This link could give several online newspapers for Central America and
South America

North America and Caribbean region

In Panama case, the most important newspapers are:

La Prensa

El Panama America

La Estrella de Panama

Capital Financiero
The last one issued a special edition about telecommunications

Hope this can help you.

Ricardo Chung | Panama
openSUSE Projects

Good starting list.  But what about FOSS-targeted publications?   Is
there a Linux Magazine-type publication for Spanish language?

All FOSS magazines I know come from other countries ( Mostly English speakers,
UK, US, AU: Linux Journal, Linux Magazine, Linux User , Linux Pro, Linux
Format, ),
* Linux Magazine -
* Linux Journal -
* Linux World -
* Linux Today PR -
* Linux For You -
* Linux Mag -
* Linux Format -
* Linux User and Developer -
* Red Hat Magazine -
* Full Circle Magazine -

There are some magazines specially coming from Spain (Todo Linux, Linux +)

*Linux Magazine:
*Todo Linux:

Ricardo A. Chung | openSUSE Linux Ambassador